1. Each entry must focus on the theme: Why learn HeartSpeak?
Suggestions: Talk about how HeartSpeak has changed your life, what you liked about your HeartSpeak course(s), what you like about having a HeartSpeak session, what you like about giving a HeartSpeak session to someone else, etc.
Hint: Speak from your heart – people can always tell! Also be specific, make it personal. Here’s your chance to tell your story!
2. Videos must contain your location (i.e. country). No other personal information is necessary, but can be supplied if you wish.
3. The length of the video should be a minimum of 20 seconds and should not go much longer than 60 seconds.
4. All entries must be a digital video and uploaded to YouTube.
5. Videos must also be posted on the HeartSpeak International Facebook Page. They must also be available to be seen by anyone (i.e. make sure your posts are of the type “PUBLIC”). And encourage your friends to share and like the videos. You can also post your videos on other social media sites as well (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus, LinkedIn, etc) – and extra points will be awarded for Likes, etc. in these social media sites as well.
6. To enter, email the YouTube link AND the Facebook link (and other social media links) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entry is 11:59pm US eastern time on Sunday, 31st January 2016 (i.e. videos must be posted on Facebook by the end of January). Contest will end on Monday, 29th February 2016, and winners will be announced no later than15 March 2016.
7. Entry emails must include the following information:
Name(s) of Entrants
YouTube and all Social Media Links
8. Entrants may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
9. All entrants must also submit by email a signed Personal Likeness Waiver Form.
10. All information presented in the video must be your own original experience(s) or opinion(s). Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
11. There is no entry fee.
12. No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
13. Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not (1) promote illegal behavior; (2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice;( (3) advocate any kind of exploitation; (4) violate rights established by law or agreement; (5) invade the privacy of any person; or (6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by HeartSpeak International in its sole and conclusive determination.
14. Prizes will be given for those videos who received the most number of Likes on the HeartSpeak International Facebook Page by the 29th February 2016 deadline. Bonus points will be awarded for Shares, Comments, etc. Additional prizes will be given to entries who score the highest on these qualities: clarity, originality, innovation, memorability, and persuasion. The judges’ decision is final.
15. The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. HeartSpeak International will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
16. Prizes will include at least one of all of the following:
a. 12 x 1-hour HeartSpeak Sessions by Skype with Dr Anne (Valued at approximately £1400)
b. 6 x 1-hour HeartSpeak Sessions by Skype with Dr Anne (Valued at approximately £700)
c. A HeartSpeak Course (of the winner’s choosing)
d. HeartSpeak Polo Shirt
e. HeartSpeak Tote Bag
f. HeartSpeak Cards
All prizes must be taken within 12 months of notification of the winning entrants.
17. Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the video remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions: (1) Entrants grant HeartSpeak International the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation; (2) Entrants also grant HeartSpeak International the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant; and (3) HeartSpeak International maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
18. Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.